Instead of doing weekly power rankings, I thought it would be best to do monthly power rankings. Things change more over the course of a month and not over the course of the week.
I brought several factors into play when I did these rankings. Win percentage, strength of schedule, Offensive and Defensive rating, True Shooting percentage, Effective Field-Goal percentage, Free-Throws to Field-Goal attempts of the team, and Free-Throws to Field-Goal attempts for opponents. I figured out where each team ranked for each category in the league and gave the team the number of points they earned. For example, Memphis ranked 1st in win percentage, so they got 30 points. Philadelphia ranked last in win percentage, they got one point. The point scale goes like this, with rank always being first: 1=30, 2=29, 3=28, and so forth. The perfect score is 240.
With all that being said, let me unveil these rather simple, but may tell us what to expect going forward, rankings. Rankings go in order like this: win percentage, strength of schedule, OFF Rating, DEF Rating, True Shooting percentage, Effective Field-Goal percentage, FT/FGA, FT/FGA Opponents.
1. Memphis – 180 points – 1st, 14th, 8th, 4th, 13th, 16th, 8th, 4th.
2. San Antonio – 179 points – 6th, 15th, 16th, 2nd, 7th, 6th, 15th, 2nd
3. Cleveland – 177 points – 14th, 10th, 4th, 17th, 8th, 8th, 4th, 6th.
4. Toronto – 173 points – 3rd, 23rd, 2nd, 10th, 6th, 10th, 2nd, 19th.
5. Los Angeles Clippers – 170 points – 8th, 13th, 3rd, 13th, 2nd, 2nd, 10th, 27th.
6. Golden State – 167 points – 2nd, 21st, 10th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 17th, 18th.
7. Portland – 166 points – 4th, 12th, 5th, 5th, 12th, 7th, 24th, 13th.
8. Dallas – 164 points – 7th, 27th, 1st, 16th, 3rd, 3rd, 16th, 11th.
9. Atlanta – 162 points – 11th, 20th, 6th, 21st, 4th, 4th, 11th, 9th.
10. Chicago – 154 points – 10th, 26th, 13th, 11th, 10th, 11th, 3rd, 10th.
11. Sacramento – 146 points – 16th, 1st, 12th, 19th, 9th, 22nd, 1st, 22nd.
12. Miami – 137 points – 15th, 24th, 15th, 22nd, 5th, 5th, 5th, 20th.
13. Utah – 136 points – 24th, 3rd, 18th, 28th, 14th, 12th, 12th, 1st.
14. Houston – 130 points – 5th, 25th, 20th, 3rd, 17th, 14th, 13th, 21st.
15. Phoenix – 123 points – 13th, 17th, 14th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 19th, 29th.
16. Washington – 121 points – 9th, 22nd, 19th, 7th, 16th, 13th, 18th, 23rd.
17. Denver – 111 points – 17th, 11th, 9th, 25th, 18th, 18th, 9th, 30th.
18. New Orleans – 105 points – 18th, 7th, 7th, 20th, 24th, 21st, 22nd, 24th.
19. Brooklyn – 102 points – 20th, 28th, 21st, 14th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 17th.
T20. Boston – 98 points – 23rd, 4th, 17th, 27th, 19th, 15th, 30th, 15th.
T20. Los Angeles Lakers – 98 points – 26th, 2nd, 11th, 30th, 23rd, 24th, 6th, 28th.
T22. Indiana – 96 points – 19th, 16th, 24th, 9th, 26th, 26th, 27th, 5th.
T22. Milwaukee – 96 points – 12th, 30th, 25th, 8th, 22nd, 23rd, 20th, 12th.
24. Orlando – 95 points – 21st, 18th, 26th, 15th, 20th, 19th, 26th, 8th.
25. Oklahoma City – 93 points – 22nd, 8th, 28th, 6th, 27th, 27th, 23rd, 14th.
26. Minnesota – 90 points – 25th, 9th, 22nd, 29th, 25th, 25th, 7th, 16th.
27. Charlotte – 80 points – 28th, 5th, 27th, 24th, 28th, 29th, 25th, 3rd.
28. Detroit – 59 points – 29th, 19th, 29th, 18th, 30th, 29th, 28th, 7th.
29. Philadelphia – 54 points – 30th, 6th, 30th, 23rd, 29th, 30th, 21st, 25th.
30. New York – 47 points – 27th, 29th, 23rd, 26th, 21st, 20th, 29th, 26th.